Our entire school uses the ARTS to set behavior expectations:
A – Always make good choices.
R – Respect yourself and others.
T – Take pride in yourself and school.
S – Set a good example!
Our class extends those expectations; we have come up with 8 rules to live by in our room. They are:
- Be kind all the time.
- Keep our classroom “home” clean.
- Accept responsibility for your actions, and ask permission first!
- ALWAYS tell the truth.
- Stay calm and quiet.
- Listen when the speaker is talking.
- Keep your body and your things to yourself; leave other alone.
- Work hard, and do your best; Mrs. Hill will do the rest!
- Verbal warning
- Lose Dojo point(s)
- Lose all or part of recess
- Get a minor write-up (more than 3 in a nine weeks = MAJOR office referral)